What is the norm to pay for a filling these days?

Daisy09

Went to a new dentist near work today, not sure if they are a bit pricey, charge is 115 for a white filling - does this sound ok?

Went to a new dentist near work today, not sure if they are a bit pricey, charge is 115 for a white filling - does this sound ok?

I pay about €70 per filling but it is not white. Slim

I just had 2 this morning :( First 2 in my life - i'm 28! I had the white composite fillings, both cost €140. Apparently neither was a very big filling (i was charged €60 and €80 so i wasn't charged full price.

Yikes sounds like I am being ripped off so. They said I need 6 small fillings - at 115 a pop! Can you recommend your dentist Flossie if it is in Dublin? I need to find somewhere cheaper or will have to go fillingless!

Daisy, i am in Carlow - Pembroke Dental Clinic. My dentist, Caroline, is fantastic, very reassuring (i used to leave about 8 years between visits - i have been twice in a year now, go me!) and if you are willign to travel cannot recommend her highly enough.

I have VHI Dental Cover though, so i think 70% of it will be refunded. How big are the fillings?

I got a filling recently in Dublin it was €70 but it wasn't a white filling they tend to be alot more expensive. Im moving to greece on Monday and plan on getting dental treatment there I will post the prices on everything to see whether it is cheaper :)

He said they weren't big fillings Flossie so I don't know if they are rubbing it in a bit, or if that is just what they cost. I don't want to be ripped off. They said I need 6 fillings (I have not been to dentist in a lonnnnnng time) but 6 seems excessive to me. I'm not in any pain or anything. I've to go back for a cleaning first which is 80 euro. I've checked a few sites and the prices are all 'from such a price' so its hard to judge the exact price. I felt very comfortable with this dentist though, totally at ease. But still I can't afford to be paying top dollar for a filling!

I got a second opinion from a dentist in Galway over 10 years ago. The first guy told me that I needed to spend IR£1,200 on crown and other stuff. I went to another dentist who said I needed 2 fillings.

Guess where I went? And I'm still going there and there has been no suggestion of a crown...!

Mine charges 60 bucks and 80 for cleaning. I really like my dentist, and I trust her, so cheapest isn't the only consideration for me.

I was quoted 60 per filling for 6 fillings from Smiles Dental Clinic. They also wanted to extract a wisdom tooth.

But just to echo the poster above:
I went to my local dentist for a second opinion. Guess what, he said I needed no fillings and that the wisdom tooth could wait. A year later and I'm still fine.

Back