What is the meaning of Christmas for you?

MANTO

What is the meaning of Christmas for you?

1. Spend Spend Spend
2. Work Work Work
3. Drink Drink Drink
4. What the hell did i do last night - Embarrassment

Time off work.... The wind down that begins in mid december..

Fools making biggers fools of themselves while drunk.

If I had kids it might mean more to me but I don't and it doesnt.

Stress, hassle, much more work load.
Unhealthy too.

I know this is LoS, but Christmas to be is a time for tradition, big meals, hot whiskeys, watching aweful TV and loving it. The tree, the lights, the crackers, the HUGE meal and ensuing race for the armchair. Happy Days

Cliche but time with my family. Big meals, loosened belt and general sense of feeling really good and full
Seeing my niece and nephews faces as they rip open the presents.
The hurried run up and worry of presents is all undone by this one day for me.

And the Coca Cola ad.

Time off work, catching up with friends & family, eating & drinking what I want.

I feel Xmas is for kids and New Year is more for adults, breaking open Champagne etc.

I really enjoy Xmas because of the time off work. We usually get a week off and we only come to work one or two days 29th & 30th. I always try to take New years Eve off out of my holidays.

touch of deja vu on this thread, but at the risk of repeating myself its usually crazy busy with work in the run up (not as bad in the last year or 2, but before that it used to be murder), so adrenalin keeping you going before exhaustion hits you like a wave. Then rest, perk up and enjoy the change of scene, the long week after Christmas.

Eldest is ready for his first real "Santa" christmas this year so hoping that'll give extra buzz.

Bring back the ESB ad - "think I'm going back" - that used to sum up my Christmas for about a decade - getting back home to the sticks from "the big schmoke".

I used to love that ESB ad too! Enjoy your 1st Xmas with the smallee too

Im not a christian, so I dont have a spitirual significance for Christmas, it's a cultural tradtion for me, and I also dont see any evidence of spiritual or reliogious significance in Christmas for most of my Christian friends.

Its a mid-Winter holiday which is really important in this part of the world where it is dark and cold.
Its about family and friends.

Its a mid-Winter holiday which is really important in this part of the world where it is dark and cold.
Its about family and friends.
And Mince Pies with whipped cream! Yummy!