What is the huge ice-cream cone structure being built beside the M50?

ClubMan said:
ice cream cone

What flavour ice cream? Hopefully banana?

Can't say I've ever seen it but it might well be another work of art like the football lookalike at Naas.

Don't think it's a work of art, as it seems to be located in the field beside the M50 - For all intents & porpoises, it looks like a huge ice cream cone under construction. I think the contractor name was 'Craddock Engineering'.

Come on AAMers - don't let me down on this one and break the omniscient reputation of AAM!

I think your right joe, i've seen it myself and it must be some kind of water res for building up preassure.

yup. it's a water tower...please stop slowing down to look at it as it's backing up the traffic everyday! and i'm getting home later and later...:-(

I saw it the other day and thought that Ryanair had been awarded the ATC contract for Dublin airport and they were applying their geographic ingenuity to the location of the new tower . . .

z

It is the Sillogue Water Tower. Some further info below:

[broken link removed]

Call me jaded, but this is the lamest post of its type I've seen this year.

extopia said:
One might wonder why you've bothered following the thread for a couple of days if are not interested in the topic?

extopia said:
Reminds me of those people who actively involve themselves in text/online polls in order to register their preference as "don't care".

Hey, you know, you guys are right. Must have been having a bad day (and night). Sorry.

ClubMan said:
Reminds me of those people who actively involve themselves in text/online polls in order to register their preference as "don't care".

Actually though, that's a perfectly valid response, as any good market researcher will tell you.