what is the finish to the roof of boiler house.

NOAH

I got lumbered with a cra... builder and now have to learn everything for myself. He put just ordinary plasterboard in the ceiling of the boiler house, he obviviously thought he was being extrememly clever by pulling the wool over the eyes og an unfortunate eejit, I hope he never gets another days work in his life. I have now replaced the plasterboard with fireboard but woul still like a better looking finish so what do I need?? Is it a special fire proof plaster or such or can ordinary skim be used and then painted??

Noah

I have built a dide extension to a bungalow and this gives me 2 rooms, at the back of say the integral garage I have put in an en suite and a boiler house so in effect it is an outside boiler house ie access from outisde.

noah

If its under the main roof of the house and if it is an external type boiler you are using then the boiler house will have to be completely fireproofed - both walls and ceiling.

its an internal boiler but i put it at back of integral garage. apparently the roof can be left as is it just looks naff.

noah