what is the cheepest broadband?

C

canam

I want to get broadband but I don’t have a clue of all the different prices of the co' and how good they are. I live in Sandyford and have a computer and a laptop; I want a broadband that I can use for both computers. I don’t want to change my house phone line company- I’m with eircom?? Would appreciate any suggestions

Re: what is the cheepest broad band??can any1 help!

I don’t want to change my house phone line company- I’m with eircom

Ring EIRCOM ?

Thanks for the advice I was just seeing if any one had any recommendations i know that there are companies taht you can go with without disrupting you land line company, im just a bit clue-less about broadband i have read up on a few and there are so many T&C!!!

If you have NTL in your area then go for their broadband, best deal.

I have heard of some people getting their broadband without having to pay for their TV packages, I dont know how true that is but I'd say you could persuade them, what company will turn away good money?

Basic packages cheapest BB. Yes, NTL if you can get it. Then BT, then Imagine, then any of the others, then eircom. If you cant get cable or phone line BB, then you'll need to go to irish broadband or Ice. thats for unlimited BB. some companies are running a X hours use per month/week for X euro. Its up to you to decide how much youre gonna use it, theres not that much difference really.

Re: what is the cheepest broadband??can any1 help!

ESAT BT Broadband are providing a package of BB and line rental for €35 per month - which is great value when you consider that line rental is ~€24 p/m. HOWEVER, it's proven a nightmare to talk to anyone in ESAT BT - holding for 1.5 on average per call for 2 weeks...

"HOWEVER, it's proven a nightmare to talk to anyone in ESAT BT - holding for 1.5 on average per call for 2 weeks..." While I must admit their service gets a bad name, I have not found this to be the case any time Ive rang. I did have my own problems with them regards billing, Ive had to ring their tech support and accounts several times and never been on hold for long. Id also like to add their tech support people are of a high quality.

thanks guys, great help, think NTL is the best bet for me!

why dont u check out one of those websites like [broken link removed] or betterbroadband.ie - very handy

SteelBlue05 said:
If you have NTL ... I have heard of some people getting their broadband without having to pay for their TV packages, I dont know how true that is but I'd say you could persuade them, what company will turn away good money?
I don't know if they still run the offer but at one point if you were signing up as a new NTL customer (i.e. brand new - no existing account) you would get the first year of basic/analog TV free. As it stands, they still have their free first three months of broadband offer. So max it up to the 6Mbps package for the first three months and then back down to 2 or 3.

Another advantage you have with NTL (or other cable/wireless ISP) is the possibility of ditching your phone line and getting a trendy voice over IP (VoIP) phoneline. We've been phone line-less for about 6 months now and it's great. We pay €20 a month (previously our phone line rental) for 1000 minutes (~16 hours) to landlines in Europe, US, Australia, etc. There are other nice features (up-to-date call history, call diversion, voicemail => email, etc.) when you sign up with most VoIP companies. Think Skype but the ability plug a regular phone into it and having an Irish (Dublin, Cork, Galway, 076, etc.) number with the possibility of taking that number with you anywhere on the planet. In other words, you could take your VoIP adapter on hols with you and, if there is an internet connection there, you can plug it in and make/receive calls as if you were at home.

I'm sure if you search for 'voip' here on AAM you'll find plenty of discussion.