What is the best House Insurance package?

witchymand

Who do you have your house insured with for the contents etc?

Just want a recommendation.
Thanks

hard to give a simple reccomendation. You need to see what level of service you will get from prospective insurer; what type of contents do you have - do you have high value contents; is house occupied or unoccupied and when occupied is it by you and your family, or paying tenants?

if price is your main driver, then insurer A will suffice.
if you want good service, then perhaps another would be better and if you have high vallue items, perhaps some insurers might not be willing to quote at all.

It will be different for individual situations, but in my situation, FBD were cheapest. Service seems quite good, they had no problem to insure a couple of high value items.
Main thing is to shop around.

Depends on your circumstances. talk to one or two brokers. And maybe one or two of the direct companies too see what they have to say and compare the relevant info. Policies differ, it just depends on what's important to you. You'll get some brokers on the below link,

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/insurance.html

Impossible to compare policies on price alone without details of the specific property (address, size, type and so on) and the details of the terms & conditions of each policy being considered.

As has been pointed out it is impossible to say where you would get a good deal as its down to your house and content value, condition, location, security/fire prevention features, personal items, outdoor sheds, accidental damage, etc etc.

I can tell you that I have my house and contents insured with FBD - cost €180 about 4 months ago. At the time I sought a quotation from the local brokers who I know well and they told me the cheapest they could find for me was €355 for the same type of cover - quite a difference

I got a good quote from 123.ie for the level of cover that suited my particular needs including no accidental damage and a high excess because I am happy to "self insure" for these. Mind you - with a 16 month old now thrashing around the place these days maybe accidental damage might not be a bad idea!