What is the best gig you went to?

Springsteen acoustic tour in the Point.
Then lots of other Springsteen gigs then a U2 gig I was at where I ended up up the front.

U2 at Croke Park was something, especially when there was a flyover.
I was too young for the original Joshua Tree tour, didn't think I would get a chance to see it played live like that.

Dr. Feelgood at the National Stadium - around 1976 or 77.
Stupidity had just gone to No. 1 in the UK album charts .
I'd never seen anything like the energy that came off that stage , 60 minutes of sheer brilliance that left both audience and band drained.

David Gray at Vicars Street before he became huge. 1998 or thereabouts. Place wasn't very full and remember thinking, this fella ain't too bad. The drummer was taking the mick out of his DG's wobbly head routine all night - we were in stretches. Century Ends is so class.

Paddy Casey in Whelans (around the same time, and also before he broke onto the scene) was really good. Paid a nice tribute to his mother who had come along to watch.

Bruce and the Seegar sessions at the old Point. Not a fan of the album but he brought the house down. Also saw him in Belfast with the E street band, absolutely fab.

If you've any interest in trad, the Gloaming at the NCH a couple of years ago. Magnificant

And my first gig stands out, Nik Kershaw in City Hall Cork many moons ago, dry ice, dancing girls and someone I had only ever seen on TOTP and Smash Hits, deadly

We had a great seat right up at the front. I thought that the atmosphere was great. Perhaps that’s because we, mrs joer and I love the Eagles.

"Ten years after" at the rory gallagher festival in ballyshannon in 2017, yes they were long past their prime but they had a new young lead singer who invigorated the older guys.

We had a great seat right up at the front. I thought that the atmosphere was great. Perhaps that’s because we, mrs joer and I love the Eagles.
We had front row seats (posh or what). They were fantastic even though little interaction between them (in their not talking to each other phase).

The last time we saw them in the 3 arena Vince Gill and Deacon Frey had joined the band and I thought they were as good as the original line up. The usual great hits and fantastic guitar playing and the same fantastic sound . If they come to Ireland again we will be there for sure...

I Was there. Got a ticket the day before and had to get a bus to Dublin and thumb from the airport. It took 2 lifts to get us there. Imagine doing that now!

Great gig.

U2 and simple minds at croak Park were brilliant too.

We also saw Billy Joel in the 3 Arena and The Aviva . Very good shows also.

Back