What % income levy to pay?

txirimiri

Hi there, I am employing a childminder in my home for 4 days a week. Her weekly pay is 330. I have the details of her tax credits from Revenue and she is under the tax net and have also had no problem working out the PRSI contributions (she pays none, I pay 8.5%). However, have been reading through the Revenue site re income levy and I am bit confused - am I right in thinking that she pays 2% in income levy or is it 1%??

Thanks

2% for 2010. Remember there are certain exempt classes, i.e. those with full medical cards etc. Check in case any of those apply to her.

Thanks for that - no, she is not in any of the exempt categories as far as I can see.

Have filled in a P30 for September which I received from Revenue and sent it off (waiting for my PIN so I can do it via ROS) but am a bit confused, as there is no indication on the form of how much her overall salary is - just space to fill in PAYE (incl income levy) and PRSI. Is that correct? How does Revenue know her total salary and whether I have calculated everything correctly?

Back