What if I can't be home when Dell delivery comes?

D8Lady

Hi there,
There is a delay with my Dell delivey and now I'm not sure if I can be home when it does arrive.

Does anyone know what they do with it in that case? Its a pain not being able to change delivery address.

Thanks,
D8L

They normally use Interlink for their deliveries, you could ring your local interlink depot and give them the Dell Order Number and ask them to either hold it for collection or send it to another address.

I had mine changed to my work address. I can't remember how I did it though but it can be done if thats any help. Maybe email them?

If you are not home, the courier will leave a card stating that you can collect it at their depot. It will have a contact number for the depot on the card. If you have a friendly neighbour they may also leave it with them. You can track your delivery online also with your id and order numbers.

A neighbour received an order from Dell a few months ago, he was out at the time and the Interlink delivery person called to me (I happened to be home), so I signed for it and passed it on later.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I'll give Interlink ( now trading as dpd) a call and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
D8L

Ah they are pretty decent.
I've had a few items delivered when I was not around and the delivery guy always rang to see what to do or who to leave it with.

Back