what happens if a flight is cancelled?

whackin

I'm due to fly to London tomorrrow and it seems from weather forecasts that the flight is susceptible to cancellation. What are my rights if my flight actually does get cancelled? Am I entitled to a different flight soon after or maybe a refund?

They have to offer either a refund or "Re-routing under comparable transport conditions to their final destination at the earliest opportunity."

Yes, and this can often reduce your carry-on wight as your wallet will be infinetely lighter.

On Friday morning I drove from Yeovil to Bristol airport (it took 4 times as long as normal) winding my way around jack-knifed trucks, abandoned cars and trees across the road. I abandoned my car at the entrance to the rental car park as there was no way to drive it in and was chuffed to bits as I entered Bristol airport having defied the elements with time to spare.......only to hear tha PA system announce that my Ryanair flight had been cancelled. Although it seemed to my naked eyed that the runway looked safe I deferred to their expertise (and safety first approach) and lined up to hear my options from the Ryanair lovelies.

I have to say that they were rude, unhelpful and totally without empathy for the passengers, some of whom were going to events that could not be postponed. Anyway, I was booked on a flight 36 hours later, retrieved my rental car (extra day's charge), found a hotel with an available room on the 3rd attempt (paid for an evening meal, 2 lovely pints of G and accommodation).

Next morning was truly glorious and the flight left on time but unfortunately did not get me back to Ireland in time for the Irl/Fra match....the money recouped from the tickets is no consolation!!

Ayway, they will either refund or reroute but all expenses incurred are payable by you.

All the best.

They have to offer either a refund or "Re-routing under comparable transport conditions to their final destination at the earliest opportunity."

Back