what form of id for ryanair uk flights

O

Olly64

i thought on ryanair flights to the uk you need your passport, has this changed?? i have my booking form and its says a driving licence will do. and then for kids aged 4 months and 3 years, will they be ok without id??

Don't know about children, but for adults certainly a valid driver's licence will be acceptable to Ryanair when travelling to the UK...

thats grand, i had a problem there because the guards where i live wont sign my passport form to get it renewed so i would have to travel back to my home county half way across the country just to get my passport renewed when i mightned even need it, the ryanair information isnt really that clear about this.

olly64 to ensure your not turned away at the desk with the kids, I'd ring ryanair to confirm that you'll be ok, or try get something in writing from them. Even contact the airport your flying into.

I have travelled to the UK with kids on Ryanair a few times recently and driving licence is fine and no id is required for the kids. It's all stated on their website here [broken link removed]

For the kids I'd bring their birth certs, certainly for the baby anyway. There is no requirement for this but when we brought our one year old to England last year I brought it just in case. To be honest I wasn't that comfortable with the fact that there was no way of knowing that he was ours, we could have been anyone. At least the 3 year old can tell someone that you're mammy and daddy. Anyway, no probs at dublin but when we were leaving the UK we were asked if we had his birth cert. Don't know what they could have done if we hadn't brought it, since legally there's no obligation to bring it, but I was glad we did.

thats good advice trish, i will bring the babies birth cert just in case.

Back