What exactly is a "Cab Crew" ?

Guelder

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new 4X4, I'm new to the market so everything is a bit new and confusing atm..

I'm a maintenance man and carry a lot of tools in my car, so I was thinking it's time to get a commerical or something similar, however, given that I have a family and the price of what I'm looking at I'd like to have seats in the back which my family could use also.

It would be the main family/work vehicle. I've just now been researching crew cabs but admittedly I'm at a loss as to what exactly is defined as a "crew cab" - at first I thought it was just the likes of the Toyota Hilux, like this:

Toyota Hilux:

However, I've just now seen that the Kia Sedona is also classed as a crew cab - yet it looks much more like a family MPV than a true commercial vehicle..

Kia Sedona:

So what exactly is a "crew cab"? At the minute I'm really considering a Ssangyong Rexton, it's exactly what I'm looking for with a large boot and yet also seats in the back - could this also be classed as a crew cab?

Again, it would be for work/domestic, I can only afford to keep one vehicle on the road, so I need something that will be suitable for both.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!!

And for reference...

Ssangyong Rexton:

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for the reply!

I had checked those sites previously, unless I'm missing something fairly obvious though still not sure what exactly is classed as Crew Cab and what isn't, it seems to be a grey area to say the least...

Hopefully some more knowledgable person just may be able to enlighten us!