What Dublin pubs have no TVs?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I thought that there were some suggestions on this before, but I can't find the thread.

It's getting increasingly difficult to find a pub without a television, particularly now as there seems to some big football tournament on most nights.

I was in Mulligans of Poolbeg Street last night and while the tv was on in the "lounge", the bar and the front part had no tv.

Any other good pubs with areas free of tv?

Brendan

Ah, I see we have the answer to the age-old question, "who moderates the moderators?"

Works fine for me! The thread above is the second link returned.

If you included the quotation marks around "pubs tv" then you will not get any results:

I'm not 100% sure but I would recommend trying - upstairs in the Lord Edward, The Long Hall on Georges st, The palace on fleet street and upstairs in McDaids (when it's open) on Harry st.

Last time I was in there was with Brendan when neither of us could hear the other over the sci-fi movie that was blaring out of the TV at the bar!

Next!

I have given up on the Long Hall for the very same reason. I think that the loos must be land locked and they don't turn on the air conditioning. It's a pity, because it used to be a great pub.

Brendan

Brendan, I wonder if perhaps the Long Hall was always that way, but you've only noticed it since the smoking ban.

sun_sparks said:
does Bowes on Fleet St have a TV?

They had two the last time I was in there, with different unsynchronised feeds. So when a goal is scored on TV 1 the crowd watching it give out a yell; the crowd watching TV 2 turn around so see what the fuss is about and miss the goal when it's shown a fraction of a second later on TV2.

Gravediggers/Kavanagh's, Prospect Square, Drumcondra, D9.

Peter's Pub, Johnson's Place near South William Street.

Grogan's/The Castle, South William Street.

All great pubs with no TVs.

I don't think that The Palace or Mulligan's (Poolbeg Street - not the kip down my way on Manor Street) have TVs either.