what does PLF mean on nursing register?

damson

Just looking at the nursing register on the Bord Altranais website, and there are four headings: Registration number, name, status (active/inactive) and PLF (putting in random registration numbers, all so far have been 'P'). Does anyone know what the PLF column refers to?

Any chance it's Practice Learning Facilitator? See [broken link removed]...

Thanks, but as the individuals I looked at had just the letter P after their names under the overall column heading of PLF, I suspect it's 3 separate abbreviations designating different standings (perhaps practitioner, licenciate and fellow?) rather than a single state. But I really don't know.

Sorry - I assumed that PLF was a single abbreviation. Could P stand for "Psychiatric" or maybe "Practicing" (i.e. nurses who are registered and actually working in the field as opposed to just keeping their registration up to date)? Why not ask An Bord Altranais?

Thanks ClubMan but I think the status (active/inactive) column shows whether they're practising or not, and the fields they're practising in appear when you click on their PIN (with the P in PLF not consistently being associated with any particular speciality). Yes, I could ask the Bórd, but it's really just idle curiosity on my part. I thought there might be a few nurses on AAM who could reveal all!