EBS What does an EBS "Variable Base Rate" mortgage mean?

Is the tracker application form part not irrelevant, as it is not a legally binding document?? In one case here a tracker application was not even processed by the EBS. So I don't buy that argument by EBS that you never applied for a tracker. I didn't apply for an SVR either. I only ever applied for a fixed rate when there were no SVR's available (2007).
The most important argument is that, 'Variable base rate' is written in the mortgage contract. This should mean the same thing to all customers. And why would EBS remove the word 'base' from their terminology?
Now, EBS have three terms, VBR, variable and SVR to describe the same product. And they don't like to use the term VBR anymore. It doesn't appear anywhere after my mortgage contract documents. I cannot find a definition of VBR anywhere in my own mortgage documents.

I have just received a final response letter from EBS claiming that the VBR and SVR are the same thing. I've also received a letter from the FSPO that they will be in touch with me in the next 8 weeks to run a voluntary mediation process by phone and if it is not resolved it will got to the courts.

Do people recommend that I get a financial advisor to help with my case? I cannot see the mediation process going anywhere? How can I convince the bank of anything otherwise? I have no background in law, finance or banking, so how can I argue a case against the EBS?
Going through the threads I was wondering if Paulo1000 could share the outcome (if any) on the above. This would help greatly. Many thanks

They haven't posted in over 2 years so I suspect that the likelihood of an update may be slim...

Hi EBS weary, i cannot believe nobody has heard back from the FSPO yet. As mentioned, its 4 years now and still nothing, not fit for purpose sounds like a good description of them as theyve let EBS off the hook here big time, a response will probably come anytime now as its at a point where its least expected. I have been keeping an eye on the decisions as theyre published but very hard to remain patient, theyre must be some way a complaint can be lodged about the delays with this as not a single decision has come out yet and no excuse for it.

Back