What do you do for Fun?

J

Jane

Hi all,

In these every increasing stressful days, what do you do for fun? The experts say that you should do something you consider fun at least for 5-10 minutes everyday, so the big question is, what do you do......?

It's a sad life if all you have is 5-10 minutes out of 1440 minutes each day for a bit of fun!! I dedicate way more time than this to myself each day; reading, cooking (a.k.a. burning), playing with the kitty, chatting to my friends and family, doing a bit of exercise, reading again, doing a bit in the garden and a bit of DIY, surfing the net, painting and sketching, walks in places I don't know, singing along to my music, going to the gym, thinking, watching a bit of telly, book shopping in charity shops, going to exhibitions, studying a bit (yes, I class it as a hobby) and snogging my boyfriend and stuff :)

Now that I list all that out, it's not a bad life at all. Who needs the lotto :)

Rebecca

Fair play Rebecca! I vaguely remember when I had time to spare like that, I was about 9. I like to walk, do the wild thing, read and watch a bit of the ould box (not the wild one you understand).

more than 5-10 minutes a day...

Drinking is a hobby right?

more than 5-10 minutes a day...

For some, piggy me aul'skin, drinking is a passion and a way of life. As they say "Work is the curse of the drinking classes".

Great admiration for Ms Ribena and would love to have so much time for play.

I do a bit of fire-eating - just 5 or 10 minutes mind!

Sex is also another relaxing and worthwhile activity. 5-10 minutes just about takes care of it I find!

fun

>Sex is also another relaxing and worthwhile activity. 5-10 minutes just about takes care of it I find!

so long as the wife doesnt find out, 5-10 minutes is perfect. :)

If youre that way inclined, [broken link removed] will let you play connect 4, mah jong, golf and others for money. Theres free versions up there as well. Not advocating gambling, its just what I do for fun now and again.
If youre going to do it, play the free versions until you think youre good enough to risk throwing yer 32 cents away.

If you dont want to go to paddy power try yahoo games instead.

Thanks all, some good ones here, keep 'em coming. Appreciate the links too.

I agree with you MissRibena, but sadly many people don't even spend 5 minutes to stop & have a laugh! This is why I started this thread, get people thinking or remembering.

I loved your suggestion about playing with your kitty kat, so I'm not alone here?! My little guy is such a character & I've broken my sides laughing at him on many occasions.

As for the bold thing or the wild thing, definitely. This is a great stress buster, oh & eh fun too!!

Logging onto AAM is a good one too LA !

This is why I started this thread, get people thinking or remembering.

Now you mention it, the most fun I have all day is the 10 - 15 minutes I spend every evening as soon as I get in playing with my young son, asking about his day (Barney etc), tickling him, and generally letting his little smile suck all the stress of the day out of me.
I have a tear in my eye now!

Back