what do my flight terms and conditions mean

Whiskey

I'm sorry, I'm not the brightest spark, I'm booking a return flight to India, here are a subset of the terms and conditions in uppercase below.

My question is, if I want to return home earlier than planned, is it possible to change the return date.
In other words, what does "Change-no change to res after depart" mean.
What does the word "RES" abbreviate ? Sorry !

CANCEL-NON REF BEFORE/AFTER DEPART
CHANGE-150.00 EUR BEFORE DEPART
CHANGE-NO CHANGE TO RES AFTER DEPART

"Reservation" I'd imagine - so I'd agree with your interpretation: no change to reservation after you depart. You can change the reservation (outbound or return) for 150 if you change before the departure date.

Yes I'd agree on that

CANCEL-NON REF BEFORE/AFTER DEPART .. means that your ticket is non refundable at any time.. if you cancel your trip the value of the ticket is forfeit (you may be able to get a small refund on the "taxes" though)

CHANGE-150.00 EUR BEFORE DEPART .. CHANGE-NO CHANGE TO RES AFTER DEPART ... €150 to change your flight times before you fly the outbound leg (subject to availability in the same fare class as booked and ticket seasonal restrictions) .. but if you're in India and need to change your return date to extend/shorten your trip then it's not possible to do so as changes can only be made to your reservation before you depart on your outbound journey.

Cheers
Is it standard for economy long haul flights to be not allowed to change the return leg after arriving (to shorten the trip) ?

About 10 years ago, I went economy to Australia, and I remember changing my return leg without charge. Perhaps all airlines have gone like Ryanair where you cant easily change your flight once booked ?

Back