What could i get to keep alloys clean?

blueshoes

Hi all,

Just during the last week I have noticed the alloys on my car getting black. I asked my dad and he said it was break dust getting on them. Was also talking to my aunty who said her alloys are destroyed with this black stuff and it wont even come off in a car wash..is this true?

Anybody know if there is any product/spray or something I could get to prevent this from happening as I'd like to keep them sliver sparkly looking!! :D

Thanks guys

I think you'll find there is a specific 'unique' product to clean/polish every separate part of a car :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure I've seen various alloy cleaners (sprays/washes/wipes...you name it) but personally I don't buy any of this kind of stuff.

I use Zip wash/wax once a week, with a separate sponge for the alloys - perfect results every time!

I bought the alloy wheel cleaner spray in Atlantic Homecare (about €8) - not worth a dam! I would have been as well off p***ing on them! Hopefully somebody does know of a real remedy!?

my alloys have been manky for about nine months. couldn't clean them - so greasy and dirty that hot water and a sponge doesn't do anything. got alloy wheel cleaner a few months back and it was useless.

tried it again there recently - got turtle wax wheel cleaner - the lad in the shop gave me a free alloy wheel cleaner brush and sure enough it did the trick - spraying the stuff on and then car wash is no use. you need to spray it on and then scrub like mad with the brush - it would be much easier than using a toothbruse cos it was a big enough thing.

Back