What constitutes liquids in hand luggage

Angelab

Can anyone tell me is lipstick and powder make up to be included in the plastic bag with liquids which is presented at security before boarding an airplane.
I am travelling tomorrow with Ryanair from Kerry Airport to Luton Airport.

Yes , cosmetics go in the plastic bag , once you are through security though you can put them into your hand-baggage.

Powder no, lipstick yes. Remember, there's a maximum limit on the amount in the plastic baggie, any 1 item must be 100ml or less, no more than 5 items of 100ml. Was through Dublin and Gatwick in last couple of days - really strict on liquids (I had fresh-air spray [tiny one] confiscated at Dublin airport security cos it wasn't in liquids baggie). Also, be careful about hand baggage - can never tell when they'll do it but they can insist that only 1 hand baggage item is allowed so if you have pull-on hand baggage plus handbag, the handbag and any duty free you might purchase on the way through, must go into hand baggage, which must in turn fit into their hand baggage size limits. Be Warned! :(

From Ryanair.

Any containers larger than 100ml (excluding essential medicines, see section below) will NOT be allowed through the security search point. Most liquids of any amount may still be carried in hold baggage.

One lighter per person may be carried through security. Lighters form part of the allowance of liquid in the litre bag and can either be placed inside the litre bag or screened separately provided they would fit into the bag.
Remember that 'Liquids' includes:
All drinks, including water, soup, syrups
Creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara etc
Sprays and pressurized containers including shaving foam and spray deodorants
Pastes, including toothpastes
Gels, including hair and shower gel
Any other solutions and items of similar consistency
Please note that liquids can usually be purchased beyond airport security search points, in the departures area, as these liquids are subject to a separate screening process.

Once you are flying outside Europe/US, they are no longer enforcing the liquid rules.

from 2013, there will be technology in place to be able to tell the difference between types of liquids. So no more plastic bags etc

Back