What colour appliances?

eimsRV

I'm currently buying appliances for my new house and can't decide between white and stainless steel. The kitchen presses are high gloss ivory with a walnut worktop. The house comes with oven & hob that are stainless steel. I'm inclined to go with stainless steel for fridge & dishwasher too but my friend thinks white would be better. Thoughts?

Take a digital photo and then doctor it with a mock up of the two alternatives and see how it looks?

Personally I'd prefer stainless steel but it can also look grubby if not kept very very clean particularly with fingerprint marks and water spillages etc.

I think you should go for lime green and aubergine coloured stuff...highly fashionable me thinks EimsRV everyone will be talking about your incredible interior design taste all over ireland for years!

I would definitely go with the stainless steel, or to be more exact, silver finish. Some of the newer ones are manufactured as to not show up the fingermarks as bad.

My dishwasher (Bosch semi integrated) has a stainless steel type panel which shows up every fingermark, water mark, etc, whereas my sisters Zanussi one is more of a silver hard plastic finish (for want of a better word) and this is far easier to keep clean.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've seen the Zanussi stainless steel ones, they look lovely.

Not sure about lime coloured washing machine? But that would be a fabulous contrast for the smaller appliciances like kettle, etc.

Thanks again

If you can I would go fully integrated. I have the exact kitchen you've described and my all appliance are integrated or stainless steel. I don't think white would go at all.... just my opinion though...

Agree with the integrated or stainless steel; white would look awful. BTW if you have a small (8 place) dishwasher these only come in integrated or white,not stainless steel. I have silver/integrated myself with ivory and it looks good

It is possible to get stainless steel slimline dishwashers, though you'll pay a premium for the priviledge. Siemens for one have a S/S slimline dishwasher.

Personally, I prefer freestanding appliances, as they're generally cheaper than integrated, and will be easier to pull out and repair if needs be. However, integrated does look tidier usually.