What can i take aboard

Sarah

Hi all,

We are getting married this year and our honeymoon is in thailand. The flights consist of 2Hrs from Dub -Amsterdam then 10Hrs from Amsterdam to Bangcok and then about an hour from Bangcok to Koh Samui. What i wanted to ask is what can i take aboard the filght as hand luggage??? Or can anyone point me in the right direction where to find this information? THe reason i ask is because im not a great flyer and get panic attacks id im in a plane for any lenght of time, my doc has prescribed me sleeping tablets one for outward flight and one incoming. I wont need them for the dub -Amsterdam flight but for the long flight to bangcok i will and can i take this tablet with me from dublin to amsterdam? Any info would be great and apologies for the long winded post. Also if anyone has ever had to take a sleeping tablet for a flight any info on how you were effected would be great like how long do the effects kick in ect...im afraid i wont wake up to get off the bangcok flight to get on the koh samui one or that the airling officals will think im drunk and wont let me on!!!
Thanks a mill

Sarah

Medication that you need on board is fine to bring on. Just make sure it's clearly labelled and in a little container, and for added security just put it into one of those little plastic re-sealable bags that they give you in the security queue.

As for the effects it's a sleeping tablet that you're taking. I doubt your doctor would prescribe horse tranquillisers if you're not used to them. I'e taken them before and it just helps you doze off. Nothing that a few glasses of vino wouldn't do.

The other thing to recall is long haul planes are actually set up for long haul flying. Long haul flights are so much more comfortable than a Dublin - London hop. I've been to Australia 12 times in the past 8 years, I should know

For general info on hand-luggage restrictions, you should look at the website(s) of the airlines you're travelling with (e.g. aerlingus.com - the "help" tab). As lipstick said, medication required during the flight is fine once it's in the clear plastic bag.

From your post, would I be right in guessing that you haven't taken sleeping XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX before? Why not try one some night before you travel at all, you'll get an idea of how they affect you - that might set your mind at rest for the journey itself. Besides won't your new hubby wake you !!

Best of luck with it all !

Thanks for the replies

Well im hoping that he would try to wake me up but was afraid like lipstick suggested that sleeping tables were like horse tranquilisers...which they dont sound like so i was just anxious. Good idea about trying them before hand...
I have never tried any type of tablet like this and havent been away since last june before the new flight regulations came in so i was a bit worried. Ill check out the airlines, i know its arelingus to amsterdam and then i think its china air to bangcok...havent a clue what flight is to Koh Samui but dont mind that as much! Cheers again!