what can i do re balance transfer gone missing

busymum

22nd august i did a balance transfer from my Tesco Visa Card to my MBNA Visa Card. It is showing up on Tesco as done and I have confirmed that the credit card number to where the transfer was sent is the correct account number.

MBNA can't see it coming through, Tesco are saying a max of 5 - 7 working days for it to hit the MBNA account. It was late Friday evening of the UK bank holiday but even so surely it should have hit by now?

Tesco say that if they put a chase it could take 6 weeks to locate. Its showing as an outstanding balance with Tesco but my MBNA balance is still the same and accruing interest

Any advice would be welcome.

I recently did a transfer from my current account to my sister's MBNA credit card account and it took several working days. Did you use the MBNA clearing/holding account details on their website with your MBNA card number in the reference field?

I only had to phone Tesco to do the transfer, and give them my MBNA credit card number, when I did that their own system was able to tell me that it was an MBNA account!

I spoke with them earlier, they're now telling me that I should allow up to 10 working days and taking into account their bank holiday I should wait until Monday before asking them to follow up on it.

Back