What bank for my business?

emcki05

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice.. I have trawled through banking charges and fees and the terminology from one bank to another and information given varies to it is hard to work out what is best for me..

My main business is online.
Taking payments through paypal..
Most of my produce comes from outside Ireland so will be sending money abroad.

I like to use online banking as much as possible as it saves me time and for my personal banking I use AIB.

Can anyone advise me on which bank may suit my needs.. The main draw back from going with AIB before posting here was there credit transfer fee is almost double that of BOI..

Thanks in advance

I used AIB and its business online banking was excellent. I gather that it is far better than the others.

If you have a lot of foreign currency sales and purchases, can you open accounts in those currencies.

Brendan

Thanks for the reply Brendan.

My payments will actually be made in Euro so its just the matter of it going outside of Ireland and the associated costs I want to factor in

I still find Ulster bank to be excellent. Their online banking is superb.

For money transfers I never use the banks, instead I use transfermate.com - their rate is approx 0.40% off mid rate and saves approx 1% compared to the banks - last year this was just over €12,000 savings for me on sterling transfers, so every penny helps (or in this instance %)

Back