What are we watching on TV?

It was on BBC 4 last Tuesday night, I’m sure they’ll repeat it.
The other alternative is perhaps the BBC player if you can access it.

Judge Judy is adjudicating on a stolen horse - bought jointly and taken by one party.
Always seems more interested in the horses, dogs and car crashes than random cases.

Ah, we'll miss her when she is gone :)

Homelands
I didn't watch it first time around so only catching up now . On season six at the moment . Great entertainment BUT there have been a few times when honestly I didn't have a clue what was going on . Now of course i couldn't admit that to those watching with me :confused:. I am only prepared to admit it on a public forum :D.
Perhaps its just me but does anyone else feel that some of the plot twists and turns in series like this would " scramble your head " and are probably meant to .
Wonder how many people would own up to watching something and admitting to being completely lost .
NOW I do understand that if you want chewing gum for the brain just stick with " Mrs Brown,s boys ":D
What is the most confusing show you have watched.

For some reason in these times I am going back to John le Carre. Certainly a covid free zone form of escapism.

I heard an excellent bbc radio adaptation with Simon Russell Beale and was in two kinds whether to stick with radio or tv...

Heard v good things about the bbc tv adaptations so went with:

A Perfect Spy and now Smileys People.
(available on dailymotion streaming)

Recently watched all of Prime Suspect - had not seen any of it before - wow.. for me its the pioneer of detective crime drama.. seriously in awe of Helen Mirren as an actress now

I missed it first time around, but I've been watching The Detectorists. A gentle BBC4 comedy with wonderful performances from Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook. I found it a nice way to unwind with a 30 minute episode before bed.

They are metal detectorists not metal detectors - detectors are the tools detectorists use :)

The lovely theme song sets the tone very well.

Also on the TV front, am racking up a high body count between More4's Crimson Rivers (atmospheric, but plots are daft), BBC4's Beck (though Beck hardly features anymore) and Alibi's Annika (though the main detective's habit of addressing the camera directly is distracting).

I prefer it when the murder \ crime \ mystery is resolved at the end of the episode rather than those long drawn out mini series.

Back