what are they doing on Ballinrea Road all the way to Donnybrook in Cork again?

A_b

Hi,

can someone please shed light on what they are doing on Ballinrea Road all the way to Donnybrook in Cork again??

Thanks!!

Re: Ballinrea to Donnybrook road

I think it's Laing O'Rourke again....I hope they are going to resurface it properly this time. They have Carrigaline village destroyed and the entrance to my estate ( Dun Eoin) is disgraceful

Re: Ballinrea to Donnybrook road

ya i've seen who it is. what I am wondering is why??
Definitely destroyed the whole road. I have actually stopped coming down the back road now because I dont think the road surface is safe enough

Michael McGrath said on his last newsletter that they were initially going to patch up the roads, then reinstate them properly when that had settled. I hope they do it soon, the roads they've worked on in the whole area are atrocious.

Has anyone noticed their very poor attitude to safety? I was driving by one day when the contraflow light was green and the car in front of me just missed being hit by the bucket of a mini digger. Another guy on the same stretch was brushing the road with his back to the traffic and almost sat on the bonnet of my car ...

ETA: In case anyone didn't know, they are laying broadband cable...

ya I heard about broadband alright ... apparently it's for near the airport which kinda puzzles me.