What are the Good Music Download Sites?

S

Short Souls

I've got hooked on downloading music recently, through mycokemusic.com and their wonderful free offer of a free download per can. But their range of music is a bit limited (only 400,000 - 500,000 songs ^_^ ) and there's a lot of old stuff I want to get, like Joy Division, Metallica, Sugarcubes...not on the site.

I've looked at Eircom's Music Club but I think that Eircom and Coke are just re-sellers for the same music library, as their collections seem suspiciously similar.

Can anyone recommend other music download sites? I only want to deal with the legal, reputable ones. I know you can get free downloads from loads of sites but I'm not doing that.

Cheers.

lynchtp said:
allofmp3.com
napster.com

Don't bother with napster, now a mere shadow of its normal self. Their new system is that you pay a subscription which allows you to download music and play them on your PC. However, the way they have configured the digital rights of the tracks means that once you unsubscribe, you cannot play the songs that you have downloaded and paid for. In effect you are only renting the songs, not buying them!!!