What a voice, pity about the dress and eyebrows!

I just listened to that again through good speakers.... This post will be deleted if not edited immediately H Christ, what a voice!

Re: What a voice, pity about the dress!

I peresonally feel like they "uglied" her up to get her noticed and told her to act the tit so the wow factor when she sang would be a lot bigger. Did any of ye see the Michael Flatly take off from the same episode?
Not necessarily. The Scottish banter seemed genuine. Why should they "ugly her up"? She was a nice plain person with a sense of humour. Maybe a little shyness was the reason for the self deprecating comments. But she had a deadly voice.

I really loved this lady singing.

I really hate these young wans singing (or trying to) who haven't a note in their heads.

Yeah Susan is a breath of fresh air.

On a different note

Does Simon need a wheel chair because everybody else was standing for Susan and he the lazy git (I normally use a profanity here) was still sitting...

Although it was nice to see him thunderstruck and then smiling...

I really loved this lady singing.
40 odd years ago she was somebody’s little girl with the beautiful voice; some parents pride and joy.
How cruel life can be that anyone with such talent remains unknown and unappreciated for nearly 50 years and comes on stage to be instantly judged by the audience and judges as dishevelled and self-deprecating figure of fun. It makes her choice of song all the more poignant.

Does Simon need a wheel chair because everybody else was standing for Susan and he the lazy git (I normally use a profanity here) was still sitting...

To give him his due he gave these fabulous people a standing ovation but he should have done the same for Susan Boyle and Paul Potts.

It makes her choice of song all the more poignant.

My sentiments exactly when I first looked at the video. I'm not particularly keen on Amanda Holden's remarks i.e. to Susan Boyle "the audience were all against you" and about Paul Potts "we've got a lump of coal here or a frog who will turn into a prince"

Yeah but she stopped them laughing didn't she.

I really hate those young starlets who flaunt themselves while singing (I usually turn the volume down helps my ears), whatever happened to the music.

Maybe it is a good thing she was never 'discovered' because she might have turned into a diva like Diana Ross'.

We'll never know!

I just hope she doesn't turn into one!

And now I'm going to listen to it again

To give him his due he gave these fabulous people a standing ovation but he should have done the same for Susan Boyle and Paul Potts.

No question they gave a good performance (as any good dancer could) but the reality is she was far better because she was raw natural talent.

I thought she was quite stupid to say those things, I think she spent too much time in front of a mirror.

Susan Boyle was featured on the American (CBS) Nightly News on Sky just now! 6 million youtube hits in 4 days. They paid great tribute to her and made Simon Cowell look like an idiot-which is a pity really!!

CBS will have her on their Morning Show this morning (Thursday) and she is going to sing live.

If you listen to the video you'll hear someone laugh at 5.36 in it its not Simon or the other bloke I think its Amanda.

Stupid laugh

Was this not a case of everybody judgeing the book by the cover? Lets face it, the three judges are smarmy prigs in their private lives. Both Holden and Morgan seem to have gotten over their squabbling to be on the panel. A wave of the cheque book can have a pacifying influence. The less said about Simon Cowell the better.

The number of hits on that link has gone up to almost 14,800,000.

That's 2,000,000 today alone!

Hard to believe she only performed last Saturday night.

This is for you susan from all of us at AAM.

[broken link removed]

More on this story

Susan Boyle set for Larry King and Oprah

Britain's Got Talent web phenomenon keeps snowballing, with 25m YouTube hits. By Stephen Brook
Maybe I'm cynical, but is this not really just about boosting the flagging ratings for that crappy show?
I think she's a lovely voice and I wish her the very best, but in six months' time it'll be "Susan who?", while Cowen, Holden and Morgan have moved on to their next "Me! Me! Me!" venture.