Wexford Street Taxi Jam

DerKaiser

The constant jam of Taxis on Georges Street up to Wexford street (and vice versa) is driving me bananas.

Took 20 mins at midnight on Friday to get through it going from D'Olier street to Harcourt Street.

What is it with Taxis choosing this route? It's wasting my time and theirs. They would be better off picking up more fares than have the clock slowly ticking in traffic.

I'd say once in ten similar journeys (we had a female driver incidently) did the driver suggest going around by Nassau Street, Kildare street and on towards Lesson Street - It saves at least 15 mins!

I'm just tired of constantly having to suggest the best route (or even any route at all in a lot of cases) to taxi drivers. You really realise by sitting in with the one in ten genuine guys how useless the other 90% are.

I'm just tired of constantly having to suggest the best route (or even any route at all in a lot of cases) to taxi drivers. You really realise by sitting in with the one in ten genuine guys how useless the other 90% are.

Totally agree with you. I some times get taxi from harolds cross to heuston station early on Saturday morning, you would be amazed at some of the routes they have taken.

You bascially drive straight up to liffey and take a left and drive straigh on.

Now without exception i tell driver which way to go, no excuse for taking a different route. it is so early in morning road is empty. being from country they think i dont know my way around.

I would always give driver a tip if he goes direct route and not scenic route.