Western Hotel - Galway

CMK

Just wondering has anyone stayed in the Western Hill, Galway, Prospect Hill. We want a hotel in the centre of Galway for two nights but want it to be reasonably priced. I am not very familiar with Galway but it seems to be close to town?

We are not after luxury this time ..we just need a bed in the city centre for two nights. Any comments would be very welcome. thanks

Just wondering has anyone stayed in the Western Hill, Galway, Prospect Hill. We want a hotel in the centre of Galway for two nights but want it to be reasonably priced. I am not very familiar with Galway but it seems to be close to town?

We are not after luxury this time ..we just need a bed in the city centre for two nights. Any comments would be very welcome. thanks

I live in Galway and while I've never stayed in it, I am familiar with location etc. The location is very convenient right beside Eyre Square but I wouldn't really call it a hotel, more like an old style pub/b&b. I wouldn't say all the rooms have ensuites or anything like that. It's a bit old looking but it could be fine. If all you want is a bed in a convenient location, it would prob be fine but if you want all mod cons, I don't know if you will get them here.

thanks for that ....not a pleasure trip unfortuantely so once we are convenient to city its fine.

C

Contrary to a previous reply, this hotel was gutted and completely renovated about three years ago, and now looks quite smart. Haven't seen the rooms, but the bar is modern and very busy at weekends.

It wouldn't be a place I would go to myself but then everybody to their own. It looks like it has been done up alright but still more of a b & b with pub than hotel, I'd say but should do the job.

Try the harbour hotel its very central and usually has good deals

what about garveys? thats right on the square, not sure about the prices tho. western has been done up, but iv never seen the rooms. maybe tripadvisor.com will have some reviews.

i sdtayed here a few times and would highly recommend it. it is more of a bb but not like in a private house or anything, the rooms are lovely staff nice great location great price. can't speak highly enough. if you want classy go to a 5 star, if you want clean, convieneint , good quality then the western is the place. and they do a late bar!!!

Back