West coast of France

Barnes

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendations. I'm looking for a 2 bed apt - holiday home, possibly la rochelle area for last two weeks in july. budget around 5-600 per week.

Anyone with good places to recommend would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

barnes I don't know of any place, but bear in mind when looking that prices begin to rise at this time. It's likely for the first week in July you'll get something around that price, the 2nd week is when all the schools are on hols (some early July though), and after 14th the high season starts. Just to give you an idea, we have booked a mobile home in August costing 700 euro for a week, that was the best deal we could find.
also think about moving in from the coast and you might find something.
good luck in the search.

http://www.cheznous.com/ might be of use to you.

My father has used this site regularly over the past few years when going to France on holidays. He's always been delighted with the properties rented. Prior to this we booked directly with the resorts we stayed in (Pierre et Vacances in Port Bourgenay - 3 times, loved it!)

Hope that helps!

I can thoroughly recommend Ile de Re, which is a small island off La Rochelle - you can actually drive to it from la Rochelle via a toll bridge. We have visited there three times now and cant wait to go back. The island has 10 small villages, some of which are not much more than tiny hamlets. I know there are holiday villages and apartments on the island, but as there are only two of us, we stay at a Hotel.

I know there is a Pierre en Vacances on the Island, (in the capital St. Martin) and it looked quite nice, but we did not stay in it.

La Rochelle is also lovely, much to do in general around that area, we went to visit Cognac and came out of the Hennessy factory pie eyed.

Even thinking about it makes me want to go back now.