Wesites for long haul flights?

Stevo2006

Just wondering has anyone got name of websites to use to book a long haul trip consisting of a few flights?

Esentially we will be staying with friends so we have no need for accomodation but our itinerary will look something like this:
Dublin - Singapore - Melbourne - Perth - Dubai - Dublin.

Any ideas anyone??

You could try www.travelpaths.com - i usually find them quite competitive. If you're flexible with dates and a price is quite high try a couple of days +/- original departure date and you might find something.

Also try the likes of ebookers and trailfinders - they may be able to do you a deal with say 4/5 stopovers included. I did one a couple of years ago Dublin - Singapore - Brisbane - Cairns - Alice Springs - Sydney - LA - Vegas - New York - Dublin and cost about €1750 all in. You should get something significantly cheaper than that with 5 or so stops.

This site was recently posted on another thread and seems to offer the type of options your looking for....
Can't say I've ever compared prices with any other sites though so not commending them in any way.

The Dubai stop on the way back means that you'll pretty much have to travel on Emirates I'd say.

I don't know if you'll get that fare to price up on any website with that reasonably complex itinerary.

I'd go and talk to a decent travel agent or give Emirates a call

Indeed they do and if you got an Emirates fare to Australia the Aer Lingus Dublin-Dubai flight may be a permitted routing

The reason I said it that it has to be Emirates is that Stevo2006 wanted to go from Oz - Dubai and on to Europe on the way back .... it's only really Emirates that are going to have fares for doing that I would think ... Emirates have loads of flights from Dubai to Australia (some non stop & some via Singapore) ... no other airline really flies from Dubai to Oz (and on to Europe)

Hi Stevo2006,
Have taken a few long-haul flights in recent years - Oz, New Zealand, Asia. Have always found travel agents like Trailfinders, Ebookers and Austravel much better (and cheaper) than any websites. Trailfinders would probably be the best of the three.

We used Trailfinders. They are fantastic and give you some excellent ideas as well as moving dates to reduce the costs.

EvilDoctorK said:
no other airline really flies from Dubai to Oz (and on to Europe)

Gulf Air do - they fly from Oz - Bahrain and then on to Dubai (and on to Europe also.

ciara_gmail said:
Gulf Air do - they fly from Oz - Bahrain and then on to Dubai (and on to Europe also).

Yes indeed they do ... but they only fly to Sydney, not Perth or Melbourne where Stevo2006 wants to go (and if you were to fly with them from Sydney to Dubai you'd have to fly Sydney-Singapore-Bahrain-Dubai whereas Emirates run Sydney-Dubai nonstop flights )

Another vote for Trailfinders - I've used them for a couple of long haul trips and they always put together a great package!

I have no connection with TF other than as a satisfied customer.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Thanks guys,

Yea i had guessed that i'd have to use emirates to get from Perth to Dubai and then had hoped to use Aer Lingus to get back to Dublin direct.

Just about to call trailfinders.

Thanks a million.