Well Water: Submersible pump/Pressure tank

Parnell

Please help! We have a well with a submersible pump which pumps up the water with the aid of a pressurised tank on the surface which has a concertina-like diaphram inside. The problem is that the tank is not maintaining enough pressure to keep the water coming . I had been advised to make sure that the correct pressure was always in the tank- I did this-no good -after working for a few days the tank had to be pumped again. So I decided on advice to invest in A NEW tank. Same problem. Now I know that we have a water leak from our oil fired range in the kitchen and somebody has suggested that herein lies the answer to by problem. Can anyone out there enlighten me further- I have a pain in my foot from using the foot pump to keep the tank pressurised!! Sorry for being so longwinded(no pun intended!!)

Re: Submersible pump/Pressure tank

Is this a drinking water well? If so I doubt if the leak in the heating system has anything to do with it, as the water in the system would be isolated from the mains system. Perhaps there's not a sufficient volume of water in the well to keep the pressure vessel happy?

Re: Submersible pump/Pressure tank

Hi Parnell,

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? Im assuming that it is a drinking water well.

aj

Back