Well Done, Shane Lowry, Number 16 in Amateur World Golf Rankings.

Lex Foutish

What a performance from Shane Lowry to win the 3 Irish Open. Heartiest congratulations to him, to the sponsors, 3, to the members of Baltray G.C. and also to the Golfing Union of Ireland, whose promotion of amateur golf in Ireland bore fruit once more today.

A magnificent weekend's entertainment. He gave the whole country a great lift.

Well done, Shane! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2TDnlCgjiU

And according to the European Tour's website, he won one cent in prize money!!

[broken link removed]

Ya - it was savage stuff alright.

WHat i thought particularly good was ability to recover from teh missed putt on the last.

Also - that was a great fairway wood (was it a driver ?) from the fairway.

Reminded me of harringtons wood to teh 17th at last years british open.

I agree well done Shane,
I hope he has learned not to count his chickens before they hatch as he got a little ahead of himself and nearly lost due to this.
I think he will make a good pro and I believe he has a major in him if he can keep his feet on the ground ,

Ya - it was savage stuff alright.

WHat i thought particularly good was ability to recover from teh missed putt on the last.

Also - that was a great fairway wood (was it a driver ?) from the fairway.

Reminded me of harringtons wood to teh 17th at last years british open.

Yes, Harrington's shot to the 17th was one of the finest we'll ever see in our lifetime! And I never get tired of looking at it..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w86X4wjjhw

He's been installed in the new World Rankings at Number 168. That puts him ahead of a few big names, as you'll see here................

[broken link removed]

There is a Song about shane by gift grub on Today FM ,there is a link to it on this page

Very good worth a listen!

How nice of the Government to give him 20k grant when other wait 10 to 12 weeks for their dole.....hmmm, what small village is he from. Biffo looks after his own:rolleyes:

I'm sure they're hoping to make it back many fold on taxes from future winnings :)

How nice of the Government to give him 20k grant when other wait 10 to 12 weeks for their dole.....hmmm, what small village is he from. Biffo looks after his own:rolleyes:

Shane went out and created his own job,and the Government can't create one,obviously it is hush money:)

I think ye're being a little unfair. Any government, with any ounce of cop on, would grant aid someone like Shane Lowrey after what he achieved out of the blue. He'll be big news all over Europe, till the end of this year, at least.

However, he'll do well to make a lot of money this year. The pro circuit is such a tough place to make a living in. Justin Rose missed his first 18 cuts as a pro but, boy, did he recover from that situation.

I hope Shane Lowrey does well on the Tour and I'm sure that we all here feel the same. :)

Back