Weird online internet banking thing

lenovoguy

Hi all

Having a small issue with my online AIB internet banking thing. I transferred 110 euro from my credit card to my current account today, and when i withdrew the money, the site says the money's still there! is this known to happen or should I ring them?

In my experience, unlike the current and other accounts, the Visa account doesn't operate in "real time" and is only updated once a day - usually late at night. Have another look after 11 tonight or first thing in the morning and I expect you'll see the transaction then.

Hmmmm I dont know. When I went to an AIB ATM first it said my account was empty, I withdrew from an Ulsterbank ATM in the end

I made one transaction with AIB online which worked fine. But for the past hour I have not been able to do anything without an error message coming up. Any idea if AIB has built in sth to prevent us from using their site too much in a day? I also tried a second browser. 2 hours no success now. Very frustrating.
Fanny

Hard to say without knowing the error message or what you've done/are trying to do. AIB do have daily transaction limits but I'm not aware of any limits on number of daily transactions and have used their online banking service for a number of years.

Oh, good point. I hadn't noticed the time of the previous post. I see from their T&Cs for online banking that they only commit to having the service available for "approx. 20 hours a day", so that's probably it.

Well, today I tried to give notice to withdraw 2500 EUR from my 7 day notice account again and got an error message, even though there are enough funds. It goes alright up to the last step and then: Technical Difficulties have occurred. Reference: 9033. It's only 00:36 this time. Very strange.
I there a limit of one notice to withdraw per month? Not aware of it...
I'm abit worried as I cannot even go to a branch to access these funds, and I have tried on two different nights now. What happens to AIB banking if there really is a crisis and many savers are trying to access their funds. I never had a problem with it before, but this 7 day notice account always gives me Technical Difficulties...

Fanny

Doing any banking around midnight is a bad idea as thats when AIB run the over night processes (fund transfer instructions, credit card payments, third party withdrawals, direct debits, standing orders etc...,)

Try again at some other time either by Internet of phone if you've no day time Internet access.

I did not think this is possible anyway
It's 100% possible.

One of many examples for instance would be if something was refunded onto your credit card and you wished to put the funds back into your current account.

The process for AIB CC transfer to any type of account if no difference to the process of A/C to A/C transfer. A CC is treated just the same as any other A/C for this process.