Weekend in London

airgead07

Any ideas on the best things to see in London? Planning on spending a weekend (prob 3/4 nights) there in February. Main Attractions? no museums though!!!

Also if I intend staying in a fairly central location (depending on cost), what is the most convenient airport to fly into?

Any hotel recommendations? All suggestions welcome!

Lived in London for a few years, awesome place. all airports have great travel on options. What kind of thing floats your boat?

I think Heathrow is handiest for getting in and out of central london on the tube or the Paddington Express. Would recommend the London Eye, breakfast at the Wolesley (or afternoon tea at the Ritz!) and try and do a Gordon Ramsey restaurant if you can, definitely lives up to the hype. Would also recommend London Zoo if you have kiddies and shopping at Selfridges, Harrods or Harvey Nicks. Do one of those city bus tours and you will see pretty much everything and then decide where you'd like to spend most time. Oh and try and take in a show - would recommend the Lion King, amazing. Enjoy London, it's a great city!

Hard to believe that I have only ever passed through.

Suppose the main attractions like London Tower, Buckingham Palace, Trafallga(spelling??) Square, Oxford Street for shopping, London Eye, Big Ben?

Hope to try and see some of the above and would be interested in the best places to go out at night!

thanks Marshmallow! seen Lion King in NYC this year and it was amazing! But that is something I hadn't though of, taking in a show!

Not one for shows myself, but name it and it will be playing somewhere. That was my most favorite thing about the place, think of something, anything and it will be there.

I loved the clubs and after parties. My favorite place to go and spend all of Saturday night (and Sunday mid morning) was The Egg Club.

Hard to believe that I have only ever passed through.

Suppose the main attractions like London Tower, Buckingham Palace, Trafallga(spelling??) Square, Oxford Street for shopping, London Eye, Big Ben?

Hope to try and see some of the above and would be interested in the best places to go out at night!

You'll get all of those on the city bus tour and lots of interesting info about the place too if you have a good tour guide. Yes, deffo try and take in a show, and the nightlife around Covent Garden and Leicester Square is good and lively. Have a look at the Jurys website, they have lots of hotels there usually in great areas at the centre of things. Enjoy!

If you are looking for a place to stay, you can get very good deals in the City over a weekend as all the business people who are there during the week have gone home, + it's only 20 minutes via tube from the West End

London Eye is a must, but only if the weather is clear

Good markets, Notting Hill is the obvious one, but Spittlefields on a Sunday morning(near the City) is getting better and better

Covent Garden would be a good location for you, very central for nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc. I would also recommend Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen" restaurant (the tasting menu) - a real treat, but book asap.

Back