Weekend Cookery Courses

lonelyplanet

Hi,
Currently looking at weekend cookery courses in Ireland for my wife. She is a good cook but always looking for inspiration from books and cookery programs on TV. Anyway wondering if anyone here has any feedback on short cookery courses in Ireland.

Thanks

What kind of budget have you got in mind?

Dunbrody house run fabulous courses, and you could turn it into a night away.
Similarly with the Tannery.

On a more serious note; This is a list of the top 10 Cookery Schools in Ireland (as rated by somebody).
I find that TV, YouTube and d'inter-web are the best sources for cookery lessons, especially if you are looking for inspiration rather than skills.

Can't recommend any personally but Eventbrite often have cookery courses listed, might be worth looking there. Not in Ireland but a mate of mine did a course in Hugh Fearnly-Wittingstall's place and thought it was amazing.

That I would like to do.
It was really very good. Neven is a gent too. We got a tour inside the kitchen & also out the back to his pollytunnels. Great set up & a real success story as it's really quite far from anywhere..

Thanks for the replies...wouldn’t mind doing course myself but I am a bacon and cabbage chef and she is more interested in haute cuisine...will check out neven maguire

@andaluciacookingschool - I did a cookery learning stint there a few years ago and found it good. Even if you have just a few words of Spanish it will be an unforgettable experience They have one/two/three days courses and longer. There are cheap flights available in early 2020 and the school offers accommodation also.

check out the Tannery cooking school in Dungarvan. they have a town house for accommodation as well.

Hello,

If you can get to Dublin and fancy something slightly different, check out Saba restaurant - they do occasional cooking classes which are supposed to be great.

Back