week away in march

bond-007

Myself and the wife are looking to spend a week away for last week in march. Looking on ryanair.com I can find cheap flights to places, but is there a lot to do in these places eg Riga in Lativia? Would we get bored quickly?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you been to Barcelona? If not you could spend a nice week there - plenty to do... obviously Paris is another guaranteed front runner.....

Roy

In fairness you would need to pick a *total* kip of a city to be bored within the space of a weekend.

Assuming you like one or more of the following - museums/shopping/eating/cinems/theatre/clubs/walking - you should be OK in most places in Europe.

Can you give a hint as to what might keep Mrs Bond and yourself busy of a weekend ?

z

Thanks for the help so far.

Herself likes shopping. I am pretty much easygoing. Mrs don't like paris much tbh. We were looking at around the 3 day mark and a flight hotel budget of €500.

Hi James,

You could have a quick peek at what's cheapest on Ryanair and either look at the key posts here or run the search option and see where seems popular with other AAMs.

www.tripadvisor.com is regularly recommended here for reviews also.

howz about Krakow? Three days ideal - you could fly for taxes only, followed by a really good hotel for three nights and cheap good food and shops plus friendly locals and still have change in your pocket coming back! Culture, shops and cheap booze/food - we're off for a revisit shortly!

Looking like Prague is now the front runner followed closely by Riga. Anyone been to prague? What is it like?

Have a look at I have booked 3 nights in Cologne for March. They have a good sale on at the moment that ends on the 1st. I have also sussed out hotels that are available at circa €80 per double per night including breakfast. Should get 4 days for less than €450. for two.

bond-007 said:
Looking like Prague is now the front runner followed closely by Riga. Anyone been to prague? What is it like?

Was there in Feb last year - six inches of snow! Nice city - not big, three days was enough for me. You'll find a good bit of detail in the city breaks link in this forum.

Roy

We have a result! Prague just edged out Riga. Doing a 5 day trip to the region with hirecar, hope to get down to Budapest and Vienna. Flights were €185 for 2 in the end. Not bad considering the costs of other dates.

Thanks for your help folks!