WEEE Recycling - Do they have to take CRT after LCD purchase?

Complainer

My vintage Sony CRT TV (old fashioned type, with big tube) wasn't worth repairing, so I picked up an Aldi special Tevion LCD PC last week. It's a grand yoke, except that there is no mains switch, so you really have to unplug at night - a bit of a pain.

Anyway, my question is whether Aldi have to accept back my big old CRT tv under the WEEE recycling. Is this considered to be 'like for like'?

imho I have to say yes and I don't think they break it down too finely anyway. (the legislation that is)

Don't worry about weight or size, Lidl where selling fridge freezers there the other week.

Did this recently (though another retailer not Aldi) and they took back the old TV no problem.

When I purchased one of those ALDI LCD' they agreed to take back a CRT as part of the WEEE Recycling scheme...
:)

When I purchased one of those ALDI LCD' they agreed to take back a CRT as part of the WEEE Recycling scheme...
:)
As it happens, there was a free electronics recycling day at Nutgrove last Saturday, so I brought it up there. It went into a large cage with many other TVs, fridges, washing machines etc.

Back