Wedding Venue

P

Pookin

Recently engaged and a bit overwhelmed with trying to find the right venue. I have been getting loads of quotes and they are all coming in around €120 per head with package or €75 plus wine etc. I am hoping these prices will be negotiable but not sure by how much. I think our budget would be around €80 per head for food and drink. We really want a place that is not your run of the mill hotel. Something personal and informal. Any sugggestions?

Recently engaged and a bit overwhelmed with trying to find the right venue. I have been getting loads of quotes and they are all coming in around €120 per head with package or €75 plus wine etc. I am hoping these prices will be negotiable but not sure by how much. I think our budget would be around €80 per head for food and drink. We really want a place that is not your run of the mill hotel. Something personal and informal. Any sugggestions?

Have a look at the station house in kilmessan

I am in Dublin, but I am willing to travel. I would prefer to get married outside Dublin.

We got engaged in September and have visited about 6 or 7 venues all outside of Dublin. Most of the packages I saw are for a lot less than €120 per head and I found all of the hotels we visited were flexible on prices and corkage. From what I saw, you should have no problem with getting somewhere nice for €80 a head. Most of the places we visited also had plenty of availability for 2010.

I'd suggest that where you choose to get married/have your reception depends really on how far from Dublin you/your guests want to travel, how many guests you have, what your budget is, etc. , some of which host wedding receptions. Might give you a place to start.

Other than that, I'd suggest you think about what part of the country you want to get married in first and then search for hotels/venues there.

It can be overwhelming and time-consuming looking at venues, visiting places, etc so I would do some research first before visiting them and then limit yourself to just visiting a few.

CMCR.

My sister just booked the Ballymascanlon hotel outside Dundalk, lovely 4 star hotel, all the extras plus 3 rooms, champagne on arrival, the toast, flowers, etc..... for €85.

Hi,

Large wedding venues sometimes offer set packages, which include a single price per head for their meal, wine, toast drink and evening buffet. All venues provide you with a price list before you book anything, check if there is a cost for hiring the venue, on top of the consumables. Some wedding venues charge less for Sunday - Thursday weddings, whilst Fridays and Saturdays are more popular wedding days and may cost more.

I have booked the westgrove hotel in Clane, Co. kildare. Nice hotel and they have good packages. you can look at the packages and prices on the website.

Good luck

Try The Osprey Naas. I know they are open to negotiation for such occasions.

Back