Wedding Venue no accommodation

Mers1

Just looking to tap peoples experience on this one.

Where do/did you stay if the venue you have chosend for your wedding does not have accomodation? Not sure if we just want to go home or check into a local hotel, I think it would be strange turning up at a hotel where you didnt have the reception.

Any information would be great.

I Went to a wedding last year where this was the case and the couple getting married stayed in a nearby hotel as the wedding was held in a restaurant.

I think it would be strange turning up at a hotel where you didnt have the reception.

Why? If you pay for a room in a hotel whats strange about turning up at the hotel? Is it because of the outfits? Im sure hotel workers see many more strange things than people in wedding attire!!

The hotel I got married in had limited rooms - but catered for immediate family B&G.

What they had prepared for all B2B - was a pack with all local hotels, and they also had a shuttle bus which brought all guests to their hotels after the residents bar... it was a fantastic service....

With weddings and overnighters - a local B&B is mucho better value for guests!

We had our reception in a venue with no accomodation. We stayed in a nearby posh hotel and went by taxi. We caused heads to turn in reception when we arrived all dressed up, but in a nice way.

Maybe you just think this is odd, because every wedding you've ever been to has been in a hotel. Really its not a big deal.

Book in to a hotel near by - but be sure to alert them that you will be arriving/checking in very late so that they don't cancel your booking and sell your room.

Thanks everyone. Yes I do find it a bit odd, leaving the venue to go elsewhere, maybe I'm used to being the last to leave everywhere - God forbid I might miss something!

defo recommend you tell the hotel you are a bride and groom and will be arriving late... brodiebabe said you want to me sure they dont sell your room, and you can get in and you never know they might bump you up!

We stayed in a different hotel to where we had our reception. Had an early start the next morning and didn't want our guests keeping us up till all hours!

We stayed in a nearby hotel and told the hotel we would be coming from our wedding. They upgraded us to a suite and left champagne on ice for us when we arrived back. I think it would be odd going home.