Wedding Venue Checklist

lemeister

Myself and the future Mrs LeMeister are in the process of confirming a wedding venue for next summer and I'm hoping that we've asked all the questions about the venue that we should have before paying a deposit. I'd appreciate if anyone has any questions that may not be obvious at this stage or that from experience you wished you had asked before confirming.
Cheers!

Some things maybe not mentioned in their brochures:
1. How many weddings do they cater for per day?
2. Which entrance will you be using (they may have a very grand entrance - but you are not allowed to use it!!!! Heard of this happening in a very swanky hotel in Sligo - poor couple had to go around the back or cough up 2k extra!).
3. Any building work planned/scheduled? If so how does it impact the hotel?
4. If bringing your own wine, have bottles left over following day and you still have guests from wedding staying at the hotel overnight can you use up the wine that you have left over for dinner the following night (we asked and we got it for no charge) - saved our guests quite a bit of money too.
5. Will they do weekend deals for accommodation for your guests if required? Extend the number of rooms allocated to your wedding guests if required?

excellent points by westsider..
also..
what time does any bar extension run till. can be 2:30 in some places, others 12:30. 1:30 at least Id suggest. I frequent a lot of weddings (work related) and tend to find 1am a bit of an early-ish finish.

Is there a residents bar after, I know several places that have none. confirm. can you have music and singing after in the ressies. Small points but you want this info beforehand.

also,

1. time the entertainment must finish

2. do you have to pay extra for a bar extension

3. do they allow children ( and do they have a special menu for them )

4. are there rooms directly over the function ( i have had managers telling me to turn down the music as guests were above:rolleyes: )

5. is there a charge for a choice on the menu.

6. when is payment due ( i have heard of venues asking for full payment 6 weeks in advance )

Great stuff there folks, a few questions well worth asking in advance that I hadn't thought off. Thanks for the replies

Do all the rooms have to be taken? Some smaller venues make it a condition that all the accomodation must be occupied. And if enough of your guests don't opt to spend the night there then you have to pay for the remaining empty rooms! Not all venues have this policy, but some do so beware.

Back