Wedding present?

Colblimp

I'm off to the afters bit at a wedding on Friday, I was invited to the whole thing but have to work. What to get for a present, how much to spend? Any help greatly appreciated.

What's your budget? Are they a close friend or aquintance? Are you going alone and purchasing alone? A guideline would be €75 to €100 per person for a gift depending on how close you are to the couple. Personally I don't give gifts if invited to afters but you were invited to the whole thing. (actually I don't go to afters full stop as if I'm not invited to the full monty I've zero interest)

I work with the groom so am not very close. Budget isn't really an issue but I don't want to go mad, if I can help it! I'm going with my Girlfriend, whom I live with so we'll both be contributing. The only reason I'm giving a gift is because we were invited to the church/reception etc but I have to work, so do the rest of our workmates, we were all invited...

If I were you I'd give €100.

I would give €150 - thats what we would have given to work colleagues in the past.

Thanks for your help folks, I'm going with €100 worth of vouchers for, I don't know, Debenhams...

maybe go 4 the "one4all" gift vouchers?????

Check out the threads on these...there are serious issues. Cash is king. We're now a decadent society, people have most things and if they don't they just buy it. Giving presents or even vouchers is imposing your taste on other people. I find with vouchers I treat them with contempt...I buy random stuff or give them away. €100 in a card will be appreciated.

Put 100£ in an evelope snd write on it Donations To The Honey Moon Fund ... I think that would be best and they would appreciate it alot more

Following up on this, myself and colleagues at work chipped in and gave a €250 voucher for Meadows and Byrne, the shop that sells stuff for the home. Wedding afters was a right old laugh, some strange sights!!!