Wedding Present 2nd Time Around

Sweet Pea

A close friend of mine has just got married and it's her second marriage (it is also her husband's second time around). They got married abroad and are having a house party at the weekend to celebrate.

I am wondering what the protocol is on a wedding present? I am treating it like it was their first time around as in I am prepared to spend the same as if it was their first time. But a couple of people I have asked have said it really should just be a token.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do as I don't want to appear mean if I get just a small gift and also I don't want to look like I have gone over the top if everyone else is just marking the occasion with a small gift!

Also, what do you get a couple who have no need for household goods etc. It's not as if it's their first time and they need a toaster etc! Was thinking maybe of a voucher for a restaurant. Or some nice wine accessories i.e. decanter or nice Riedel glasses. Or even a voucher for a wine shop (they are into their wine).

What does everyone think?

I don't know what the budget should be but Voucher for meal is always a lovely gift.