Wedding Photographs Killarney

NHG

I wonder if anyone can help. We have a family wedding in Killarney in September of this year and we want to find a photographer. The Bride and Groom do not want a big wedding album just a few photo's (maybe 5 or 6) of Group, Family etc.

I have to say that I agree with their thoughts and that most couples spend alot of hard earned cash on wedding albums and video's and when are they viewed?

This kind of project may suit someone in a camera club or someone starting out in the profession if not already a professional photographer.

Any idea's or suggestions?

Re: Wedding Photo's Killarney

Killarney is a major venue for weddings- if they haven't already booked a photographer they would be very lucky to find one at this stage. We had a professional photographer for our wedding ( in Killarney) and I thought he was very good. Like a lot of things in life, you get what you pay for. However, having said that, my youngest brother was married a couple of years ago, and not having a lot of spare cash, asked a relative with no photography experience to take photos. He has some very nice photos to show for it- not professional, and you can tell the difference- but still lovely. The rest of the family took the usual photos and anyone who took a nice photo sent them to him so he ended up with a very nice collection.

NHG said:
This kind of project may suit someone in a camera club or someone starting out in the profession if not already a professional photographer.
Yes. Or somebody in the family who is a keen hobbyist. My nephew's girlfriend did ours and we thought that the results were great. We didn't want any formal posed shots and were happy with a more casual and spontaneous approach. Of course it all depends on what the couple want. Digital photography helps since all shots can be previewed immediately and taken again if necessary and, as long as the camera is of high enough resolution and quality enlargements should not be a problem. On the other hand digital prints should be done with good quality paper and ink since cheaper materials will lead to fading faster than prints from film.

Vanilla said:
Killarney is a major venue for weddings- if they haven't already booked a photographer they would be very lucky to find one at this stage. We had a professional photographer for our wedding ( in Killarney) and I thought he was very good. Like a lot of things in life, you get what you pay for. However, having said that, my youngest brother was married a couple of years ago, and not having a lot of spare cash, asked a relative with no photography experience to take photos. He has some very nice photos to show for it- not professional, and you can tell the difference- but still lovely. The rest of the family took the usual photos and anyone who took a nice photo sent them to him so he ended up with a very nice collection.

Vanilla, any chance you could tell who your photographer was (looking for one in Tralee at the moment) - maybe by PM?

Clubman, that started out as the idea and they asked me to do them and I am worried that they won't come out ok and I would be a bit embarrassed standing up in front of everyone to take the photo's and I can imagine the reply I would get when I ask them to turn this way and that, whereas someone they don't know they will do whatever they are asked.

The Bride is my sister-in-law and the Groom is my cousin, so its family on both sides.

I have both a pentax traditional camera and a penta digital and the traditional film photo's are much better. Thanks for the tip about printing and I am sure a good photography shop would do some fine tuning before printing if necessary.

Its probably just me panicking, but I think that if they had 5 or 6 professional photo's - they will never get the chance again (well thats the plan anyway)

NHG said:
and I would be a bit embarrassed standing up in front of everyone to take the photo's and I can imagine the reply I would get when I ask them to turn this way and that, whereas someone they don't know they will do whatever they are asked.
Whoever does it needs to be able to do this especially if the couple want posed photos.
I am sure a good photography shop would do some fine tuning before printing if necessary.
If you pay them accordingly.
Its probably just me panicking
If this is because you are the candidate for doing the photos then you should pass on it and let somebody else do it.

Hi Everyone, Just to finalise the tread. Ferris Photography in Killarney was available for the date and the Bride & Groom booked immediately when they saw the display of photo's in the shop. They went to one photography shop and he was booked for that day and he gave the name of two others on another street and the telephone numbers of another two others. They went to the first one on the other street and he was available and they booked there and then.

Thanks to everyone for their reply's.

Back