Wedding or special occasion dresses?

haminka1

I'm getting married in May and just can't get hold of a wedding dress. I wouldn't mind a nice special occasion dress instead of the traditional wedding dress either. My problem is : very petite /barely over 5 ft/ and a slender size 6.
Does anyone know any store in or near Navan /where I live/ or Dublin with such offerings? I'd prefer a longer dress /ankle or mid-calf length/, don't want to look like a mutton dressed as a lamb :D

Hi theres a clearance sale of wedding dresses in the Fairways hotel in Dundalk, might be lucky, also check out weddingsonline.ie they have a buy and sell section and also forums where you could ask other brides.

What about a dress in a size 8 (might be easier to find) and then get altered to fit you exactly?

What about a dress in a size 8 (might be easier to find) and then get altered to fit you exactly?

thought about that but i'd pay double for all extensive alternations - really petite and i haven't even started looking for shoes - very narrow size 2 /34/

Have you tried Maria B in Navan - she stocks wedding and cocktail dresses. Maria is a seamstress herself, so can do any alterations for you. Plus she imports a lot of her dresses from Italy, so the sizes can be quite small. Her shop in in the laneway beside Dunnes Stores food store on Trimgate Street.

I have no connection with Maria apart from as a shopper.

thank you guys, i ordered a dress from Coast, hope there will be enough time for alternations, if necessary - as the dress has a black belt, i won't need to look for new shoes, yay /would enjoy it normally, but with my shoe size and a two months old baby this would be rather tedious at the moment/.

If you need a name for alterations I can supply one - just outside Navan if thats any help.

If you need a name for alterations I can supply one - just outside Navan if thats any help.

Megan, the dress has just arrived and it looks fantastic! However, as expected, there is a big chunk to be taken away from the bottom otherwise I drag it all around, not even my highest heels could save me so if you could provide the name of the seamstress, i'd really appreciate it

Back