Wedding on Friday 13th- unlucky??

bartbridge

Trying to set a wedding date for 2011 and a number of hotels have Friday the 13th free, would we be mad to go for this date? Neither of us mind it really but are there any horror stories out there?

By posting you've probably answered your own question about whether or not to book!
if you have any superstitions at all i wouldn't book cause you won't need extra worries besides the normal wedding ones.

I wouldn't mind personally

Some of your guests might not attend ..... superstition may keep them at home.

Do a survey ...... and make your decision on that.

It's just a superstition and I have flown on that date etc. But would I get married that day, probably not to be honest. There's a reason it's still free....

Personally it wouldn't bother me at all. Especially if Friday 13th was available and there was no free Friday/Saturday for months! I know two couples who got married on Friday 13th and have no regrets.

Depends on your own views. If you are superstitious, and it seems like you might be given that you are asking about this, then are you going to view every bad thing that will happen to you as being caused by the fact that you got married on friday 13th?

Life always throws up problems so if you are only going to always think back "why did I get married on friday 13th" then don't go ahead.

Does Friday the 13th fall in May? Don't forget :

Marry in May and Rue The Day

Utter codswollop. Superstition breeds bad luck.

Seriously you will drive yourself barmy, weddings are stressful enough, once you accept that (at least) one thing will go wrong on the day you'll be fine be it Friday 13th or 6 o clock on the 6th of the 6th.

Trying to set a wedding date for 2011 and a number of hotels have Friday the 13th free, would we be mad to go for this date? Neither of us mind it really but are there any horror stories out there?

Don't go looking for 'horror stories'. Absolute rubbish - wouldn't bother me in the slightest - I would however use it to my advantage. Approach hotels, ask for discounts all round, presumably as a lot of places have this day free they will be happy to oblige!. Then Fri 13th becomes lucky for you and your other half

Well between this and weddingsonline, the majority don't seem to have a problem with it. I believe you make your own luck and the date isn't going to affect it. Besides in some countries Friday the 13th is deemed to be lucky apparently! Will see how the rest of the research goes on venues and go for the best date that suits us...

I wonder about hotels not being free. My brother's wife had a change of mind on their initial venue and got a Friday in the raddison Galway with a month to go to the big day. I wonder are there people booking in the hope they will be getting married on the day but nothing fully settled yet.

In relation to the OP's question - I'd try and bargain the hotel down on price seeing as it's an unpopular day.