Wedding invitations on-line

mozzer

Hi, I'm getting married in November and I want tp pick up some wedding invitations on-line, as they seem to be better value than going directly to someone in the business.....anyone got any good suggestions or experiences to tell me about......I'm not going for the cheapo option just want to get good value.....Let me know if you've had experience of good on-line deals

You can get some good deals from some UK companies. Check out the shop on www.confetti.co.uk for some ideas. Also you will be able to get some at good value on Ebay.

To be honest the unit cost of purchasing wedding invitations were so large for us we decided to make them ourselves. I reckon we have saved approx. €400 by purchasing the blank cards & embossing stickers from the Arts & Hobby Shop, along with some paper from www.craftsupplies.ie & then put them together with a good laser printer.

The website www.craftsupplies.ie also has a dedicated wedding invite section and if you are in any way handy I would recommend checking it out. It's a lovely personal touch, if a little time consuming but the savings make it well worth it.

We used www.bigleapdesigns.com. Found them to be somewhat different and non traditional...they are delivered to your door in a lovely wooden box which is very handy for keeping your cards in so that you know exactly who to send the thank you cards. Not a cheapo option, but definitely not the dearest out there,

Im using these guys to do mine.

www.paperpoppy.com She does not have any examples online but she is very good. She tailor make it but the best thing is she is very reasonable.

Defo worth just sending an email.

Regards

Hi there, thanks very much for all the replies.....I've definitely got enough to go on with these.....thanks again for taking the time to reply

Make your own or get someone who is good witha pc to do them for you. My mother made them for both my sisters weddings as good as anyones you can buy. I'd also recommend making your own wedding favours. You'll save even more

We did our own aswell, just purchased some nice blank wedding cards and used a laser printer to fill in the text we wanted. We had one or two people ask where we got them printed so obviously they must have looked pretty similar to professionally printed ones.

Have to recommend Cara Craft Supplies too - I used them for ours and my sisters - very helpful - great prices and EVERYONE commented on how beautiful they were! Nothing to it really.

Hi All

Just got married in May used www.paperpoppy.com. Shannon was able to complety match my bridesmaids colours for my invitations......they were fantastic!!
Also bought direction cards and rsvp cards - these all fitted into a pocket fold cool envelope also. She has some wicked ideas!
Will definitely be using her for the baby cards when they arrive!!!! (Hopefully not for a few years yet!!!)

I had heard of her through a friend and because she had only started out her website wasn't up & running so she came to my house on several occasions to discuss & offer her professional advice. I was just totally in awe of some of the work she had carried out for a young girl! She had thought of absolutely everything!!!! And she is very very reasonable!

I think now her website is up & running if anyone wants to have a look.
It would really be worth your while!

Cait.

Back