Wedding in Paris - need help.

philcheetham

i am getting married later this year in france and am in need of a little help on something.

i am wanting a catholic ceremony, and we have a church picked next to our venue. We are hoping to find an english speaking priest who is willing to perform the ceremony for us. We are getting married about 40min from Paris.

Does anyone know of any english speaking priests in this area of france, or can point me in the right direction?

thanks

Phil

Hi Phil, congratulations on future wedding. Are you only carrying out the religious side of things in France and registering the marriage here first? If not, in France the civic and religious side is separate so you will need to get married first in the Town Hall (Mairie), ie sign the register before you go to the Church. Is your other half to be French? If so they will know all of this - but just in case...

You could try contacting the College des Irlandais in Paris, they might be good to start with...
Bon courage...

we are both irish. we will be signing our marriage certificate in the registry office in ireland before we go to paris - and so it is just for the ceremony. we really want it performed by an english speaking priest.

Actually I believe there's a large American contingent in Paris to the extent that there's a US hospital there with English speaking docs - so you could try looking up American stuff in Paris aswell as College des Irlandais...

Hi Phil,
There is the Chapelle Saint Patrick, they perform many weddings I believe as well as weekly mass in English for the Irish population living in Paris.
I think the same rules apply as per Ireland, for example 3 months notice prior to the date of wedding. If you google the church name you should get contact details.
Have fun!

thanks. we contacted them and are waiting for a reply. are there any more catholic churches that anyone knows of. we have a church near our venue, and are looking for a priest who could travel to the church (which we would pay for obviously) to perform our ceremony.

Back