Wedding In Italy - Ravello

BobbyFowler

Myself and the future Mrs Fowler are looking at getting married in Ravello in Italy, around September of next year. She's dead set on this area and from a few of the sites she's showed me, it looks perfect. I've seen a few of the Italian Wedding Posts but was wondering if anyone's got any experience/tips on this particular region?

Hi Bobby,

Ye have chosen a beautiful place to get married. Ravello is just magical. I used to live in Salerno at the end of the Amalfi coast and I know the area quite well. If I can be of any help, you can pm me.

If you are looking for a special hotel for a few nights, I would recommend the Palazzo Sasso in Ravello. 3 years ago, I gave some friends a night in this hotel as a wedding present. They havent stopped talking about it since! It also has a 2 Michelin star restaurant.

Hotel website

http://www.palazzosasso.com

Lots of pics of the hotel here ( more than 1 page!)

[broken link removed]

Best of luck with the wedding

JT.

Was at a wedding there in May

My friends used

www.wagnertours.it

There are loads of photos of each of the recent weddings on the website under the list of recent couples.

Hi Bobby,

Ravello is gorgeous. my sister got married there last year. There are a number of hotels in the village, the Palazzo Sasso is 5 star but with 5 star prices!! i think 1,000 per night for suite. the photographer my sister used was excellent, the best wedding photos ive ever seen. Her name was joanne dunn, she has a website with various weddings on it with photographs from the amalfi coast, id reccomend. All the hotels in Ravello are pricey enough but with the views they have you can see why! i would also recommend booking someone to pick you up from the airport as opposed to renting a car as the roads are not for the faint hearted! hope this helps

Cheers for those tips so far. Just back from another wedding yesterday evening (the 7th of 9 this year!) & our plans were being questioned. I've got a good bit of info accumulated so I'll be getting stuck in soon. Merci!

Some of the stuff looks pricey enough. A question I have is the advantage of having a planner. It all seems complicated enough so I can see the merits of having a planner. From what I've read up on, it seems to only cost 500 - 750 Euro. In the scheme of things it seems good value. We don't have the language, so it's not as if we can deal with the respective parties involved. It could take away 1 of the headaches. Any tips on this?

We are getting married in Ravello Next year and are using the services of a company called LA Calla. They are based just outside Amalfi. cheaper than irish companies offering the same service
We went on a bit of a Reccie this year and ravello won hands down. The advantage of using the local wedding planner was that they have freed up allot of our time. no need to worry about flowers hair dresser organising the priest etc. Accommodation varies in price Wagner tours also do wedding planning and Mario has been highly professional in his dealings with us, He has held rooms for us in hotels that we liked. If you send me on a PM I can photocopy some of the info that we have collated and post it on to you.

Ravello http://www.wagnertours.it/
www.hotelgraal.it
www.hotelgardenravello.it
http://www.hoteltoro.it/en/chi_siamo.htm
Amalfihttp://www.villafeliceamalfi.it/english/residence.asp

I got married in Ravello this year and had the most amazing time of my life. We used Mario from Wagner Tours, who was faultless. I would recommend using a wedding planner to anyone if you are getting married abroad. Mario's dedication to our special day was above and behond the call of duty. Wish we could do it all over again!

Hotel Toro, website given by HBeag is excellent - central location in Ravello and great value and service!

Cheers for the info. We went ahead & booked Ravello for next September. One thing which I found interesting (especially from looking at the TripAdvisor Website) is how often Mario from Wagner Tours is mentioned & how great this guy is. I noticed the suggestion made that it was Mario himself who seemed to be creating new User Names & promoting himself on various sites. The real giveaway was when you'd see that the person praising Mario to the skies had only ever made 1 post. I just came back to this thread today and noticed one such respone....... Are you there Mario??
Maybe I'm being a bit cynical?

Thankfully in this case you are being a bit cynical. I've checked and neither of the posters who mentioned Mario are posting from Italy. Also, it's very unlikely a spammer could pick either one of the email addresses they registered with.

Was at a good friends wedding in Italy in 2005, it was great.

However the wedding planner pulled some scams. Deposits that had been paid by our friends to the wedding planner had not been passed on to the hotel where the reception was.

Also deposits that guests had paid for accommodation were also not passed on to several guesthouses.

The whole thing nearly put a dampner on a great week. It certainly left our friends embarrassed and placed under stress.

So be careful with wedding planners that you get official receipts from the hotels, do not take the wedding planners receipts as proof that hotel received the deposit payments.

was thinking of a week on amalfi coast this year. this place got rave reviews in the sunday times but don't know if its suitable for a wedding www.hotel-villasanmichele.it. however on trip advisor it doesn't fare that well. the replys from the actual owner to the posters on trip advisor are priceless. only in Italy.
best of luck