Wedding in Florence

Aidan 2232

Hi All. We plan to get married in Florence in September / October. It'll just be the two of us and we'd like to have the ceremony in the Palazzo Vecchio. Has anyone used any of the agents on the internet? Even with two people there are still some things to organise on the day. Has anyone stayed in any of the top hotels? Maybe you could recommend somewhere?

I heard on the radio (Marianne Finucane, I think) that both the Italian and Croatian authorities are going to clamp down on Irish marriages in those countires because of "bad behaviour", including inappropriate clothing worn in churches by some Irish people. Details are scarce at this stage but it is thought that the local priests may require a reference from your local parish priest in Ireland before agreeing to proceed.

Hi there,

My husband and I got married there in August and it was just the two of us as well. The place you get married is really beautiful and doesn't look like a registry office at all, it used to be the office of the President when Florence was the capital of italy. The agency we used were Punto Di Fuga SAS and the guy was Alberto. The website is www.weddingitaly.com. They give you a quote and everything. They arranged the photographer and also flowers for the day and everthing. I would recommend them.

Thanks BK2 we'll check that out.
It would be a state wedding so i don't think the bishop's comments are relevant

Back